Wednesday 27 April 2016

Breakfast is Served!


Hey Everyone! Hope we are all doing Great!
So, today, I had an early breakfast. I had been craving this particular food for a really long time, and, decided to end the craving today.
Preparing this meal is quite easy; it's just like preparing yam porridge, but, without the red oil.
So, what I did was, I cut my yam, put it in a pot with some water. I then added dry fish (broken into pieces), pepper, crayfish, maggi, onions, and, salt. An then allowed to cook. That simple!

Fun Fact; Yam has 0mg of cholesterol! Unbelievable, right?

Yams have a good nutritional profile and are a moderate source of important nutrients such  vitamin C and B, as well as potassium, copper, and, manganese. Just like regular potatoes, yams are full of wonderful cholesterol and blood pressure lowering properties, and, also help relieve constipation and contribute to colon health. Amazing!

Growing up, all we knew about yam was that it was full of starch! Who knew there was so much more to yam than that!

XoXo..

8 comments:

  1. We call this "ji mmiri oku" but a lot more watery. Lol. Good for women who just put to be. you can put utazi in it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my dear Amara. This is ji mmiri oku, but, thicker. Lol

      Delete
  2. Oh wow...looks delicious. I would save it for lunch though. Gd job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chy. I couldn't wait till lunch. Just had to have it! Lol.

      Delete
  3. No wonder I love eating yam. Would love to try Your recipe though, great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chika. Maybe one day you will:-)

      Delete
  4. Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Your Feedback & Questions are highly appreciated.

For Advert Enquires: Email; rosesblogsville@gmail.com

 

Rose's Weightloss Journey Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang